top of page

Veteran Benefits
We thank you for your service.

VA Pension Plus Aid and Attendance Rates 2024

Hundreds of Kern County veterans are eligible for this monthly monetary benefit, yet unaware of its existence. Perhaps you also have just heard about it for the first time and been directed to this site for more information. We have tried to take much of the guesswork out of this process, to simplify your efforts in determining whether or not you or your loved one is eligible for this life changing benefit. (Below amounts are MAXIMUM MONTHLY amounts potentially available for 2024.)

Surviving Spouse                       $1,478

Single Veteran                           $2,300

Married Veteran                         $2,727

Veteran Couple (both vets in need) $3,649

Maximum Asset Limit:    $155,356*

*Assets do not include your personal residence on 2 acres or less, automobiles, or personal property

Qualifying Pension Service Dates:

12/07/1941 - 12/31/1946 - WWII

06/27/1950 - 01/31/1955 - Korea

11/01/1955 - 08/04/1964 - Vietnam I (must have served in country Vietnam only)

08/05/1964 - 05/07/1975 - Vietnam II

08/20/1990 - Present - Mideast Conflicts

Follow these steps to determine eligibility:

Q. Who is eligible?

A. A Veteran is who served at least 90 days of active duty federal service (exclusive of active duty for training) or completed the term of service for which they enlisted, and at least one day during wartime period.


Q. What are the specific dates of service for eligibility?

A.World War I – April 6, 1917 through November 11, 1918, extended to April 1, 1920 for those who served in the Soviet Union. Service after November 11, 1918 through July 1, 1921 qualifies for benefits purposes if active duty was performed for any period during basic World War I period

World War II – December 7, 1941 through December 31, 1946

Korean Conflict – June 27, 1950 through January 31, 1955

Vietnam Era – August 5, 1964 through May 7, 1975. For Veterans who were “in country” before August 5, 1964, the dates are November 1, 1955 through May 7, 1975.

Persian Gulf War – August 2, 1990 through a date to be set by law or Presidential Proclamation.


Q. What is the discharge paper needed?

A. The Department of Defense issues each veteran a DD-214, identifying the veteran’s condition of discharge. This “Report of Separation” contains information routinely required for verification of military service benefits.
You may be able to obtain a copy of this lost document by following this link to the military service records archives:


Q. What other documentation may be needed?

A. Additional documentation often includes some or all of the following, depending on the situation:
~Marriage Certificate ~Death Certificate ~Divorce Certificate ~Physician-signed Medical Need


Q. Have you completed our online “Request for Services” form?

A. If you are seeking to learn of the Independent or Assisted Living options available to you here in Bakersfield and would like assistance with this free service, please follow this link and complete the “Request for Services” form, and you will be contacted within 24 hours.


Q. What’s next?

A. Once you have completed the above steps, including completion of the “Request for Services” form, you will be contacted by a local representative to assist you in finding the best in-home care or assisted living options in Bakersfield and the surrounding areas.


Tour with Tim, burn his gas!

Complete the Request for Services form, then prepare to visit the best Kern County has to offer!

Request for Services Form
bottom of page